Tree Service Pros of Kansas City - Missouri
Hiring an Arboristby David Steg on 05/17/16
Almost every yard has at least one tree in it. Some are small, some are large, and others, well they need a lot of work. Too many people think that tree work is a walk in the park. A lot of homeowners want to find ways to maintain their trees, without the extra cost of hiring a professional. Let me tell you, hiring a professional will usually save you more time and money in the long run.
A licensed arborist is a tree care professional that is trained in tree healthcare, disease prevention, tree anatomy, tree trimming and removal, and tree planting. Arborists will ensure that your individual tree is getting the proper care it needs to remain healthy. Although many homeowners don’t like to spend the money on hiring an arborist, think of your trees as an investment. Each well maintained tree can increase property value by 40-50 percent! Reversely, those who neglect proper tree care can become a liability and can cause significant damage. An arborist will provide a thorough assessment for each tree and determine the best treatment option to keep your tree’s healthy and happy.
Quick Tips for Selecting an Arborist
- Ask for their professional organization, especially in the state they are practicing
- Check for the arborist’s certifications. This will ensure that the individual has passed the required subject matter, pertaining to tree care.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for their insurance information. All arborists should be willing to provide a copy of their general labially and workers compensation coverage.
- Don’t always take the cheapest quote. Usually a low bid can be a warning sign for someone who doesn’t carry all the proper license and insurance information.
- Get your quote in writing. Make sure that the scope of work is outline on the quote to ensure everyone is on the same page. Be wary of companies that ask for payment in advance. Most reliable companies will request payment once the services are completed.